Saturday, December 5, 2015

Save The Worms

I try to see every moment I'm with my students as a teachable moment. 
A few weeks ago we went outside after it had rained. 
A sweet little girl in my class came up to me to show me her new friend.

I told her that she could save the worm's life if she put him back on the grass. 
Some of the other students heard me and ran around the blacktop looking for worms to save. 
They were very concerned for the worms. It was a very touching moment for me. 
It was one of those moments that will stick with me for life. 
This is one of the many reasons why I love my job. 
I work with 24 amazing children every day!
                 



            
Don't forget to let the children in your life teach you a lesson every now and then. 
They are wiser than most people give them credit for.


1 comment:

  1. Over Thanksgiving break my daughter told one of our family members how they saved the worms! :)

    ReplyDelete