Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Presents

Now that Christmas has passed, I can share what we made for our parents this year 

As an adult, I love looking back on the things I made for my parents when I was a child. My hope is that these keepsakes make my students and their families smile and share a memory whenever they place it on a tree AND hopefully when they are older it will make them smile! 

For the christmas tree, parents volunteered their time to paint the popsicle sticks. My teaching partner laminated the green and brown construction paper and assembled the ornaments. The children used q-tips to paint the "ornaments" on the tree. We used their school picture so they could be reminded of what they looked like in kindergarten years from now!

The Rudolph ornaments were the students' handprints. I glued the lighter paper onto darker paper and cut it out to give it a more polished look. I laminated the paper. While I was watching Christmas movies at home, I glued on the eyes; nose; and ribbon.

I let the students wrap the presents and create gift tags for their parents. The students were so excited about the whole process. It's so exciting to hear the students take pride in the gifts they get to give their parents on Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment