Saturday, December 5, 2015

Number Order Game

In kindergarten we focus a lot on numbers.  The newest math game we have been playing is putting numbers in order. It's an easy game that you can play at home. If you don't have playing cards, you can make cards with paper. I like the cards I have for the classroom because there are pictures with one-to-one correspondence to match the number on the card.

What you need to play:
Cards (I used the numbers 0 -10 but you can use higher numbers if your child/students are ready)
Optional
A paper to record results.

How to play with 1 person:
1. Pick 4 cards
2. Arrange the cards in order (I had them do smallest to largest.)
3. Record results (optional)
4. Shuffle cards
5. Repeat

How to play with 2 people:
1. Each person picks 2 cards
2. Arrange the cards in order (I had them do smallest to largest.)
3. Record results (optional)
4. Shuffle cards
5. Repeat

Here are some pictures of my kindergartener's playing the game. They love smiling for the camera!   

                                     

                                    

                                    

                          


No comments:

Post a Comment