Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Halloween Math

First of all, you should know that I'm a child at heart. That is why I teach kindergarten. I love animated movies, mac & cheese, playing outside, and the holidays. 

Now that you know I love Halloween, I'll share one of the spooky math centers I did.  Our school uses Math Investigations and one of the math centers for the week was called Build It. Children flip over a card and "build it" by filling up a 10 Frame with the appropriate amount of bingo markers. While "Build It" is a favorite game to play...I wanted to take it up a notch. 

Skull ice tray served as a 10 frame and plastic eyeballs as the counters.
The witches pot where the eyeballs were kept. 

A student using eyeballs to "build" the number 10.

Pumpkin ice tay served as a 10 frame and Halloween rings as the counters.

Students working on "building" their numbers.
I found the ice trays at Kroger.
I found the plastic eyeballs & rings at Dollar Tree.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment