Sunday, July 12, 2015

Organization: Takes Time in the Beginning...Saves Time in the End!

I come from a highly organized home. From a young age I was taught that everything has its place, otherwise you waste time looking for things! I’ve carried this idea into my classroom and it has been a HUGE timesaver!

WARNING: If your classroom isn’t organized already, designating a place for everything is very time consuming. My suggestion is to focus on one cabinet at a time…baby steps!

I already spider proofed my room by covering all my open storage with paper. With that being said, I will only be sharing pictures of my cabinets that have doors. I promise to post more organization pictures when I get back in my classroom in August.

I have a total of 6 overhead cabinets in my room.

  • 2 of them are by the large meeting space hold: student supplies & craft supplies because I don’t need to get them as often.
Student Supplies
Craft Supplies

  • The other 4 are by the students’ tables because they are all based on educational supplies which are mostly used at the students’ tables or centers.

ReadyGen (Reading Program) Supplies
Literacy Manipulatives
Literacy & Math Games/Manipulatives
Math Manipulatives

Do you have any organization tricks to share?






No comments:

Post a Comment